Astaldi Canada is committed to supporting and investing in the communities in which it operates. We are proud of our corporate social responsibility with our employees, clients, Labrador communities and the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Strongly supporting the communities in which we operate remains a priority for Astaldi Canada. Since the establishment of the company’s presence in Labrador in 2014, Astaldi Canada has invested tens of thousands of dollars to important organizations, events and initiatives in the region.
Guiding principles of Astaldi Canada’s Community Investment Program:
- Employee Matching Program: We provide support to our employees and their family members when they are in need of support and encourage gifts to local and provincial initiatives, charities and programs. We match an employee’s donation to double the effectiveness of gifts to many important causes;
- Youth initiatives: We offer support to initiatives relating to education, skills development and cultural development of Canadian youth;
- Health and wellness: We invest in initiatives that support active lifestyle, nutrition education, and healthy eating; and
- Environment and conservation: we support causes related to environmental sustainability and stewardship.
Astaldi Canada remains a proud community partner and has recently supported many events and initiatives throughout the region, including:
- Astaldi Canada donates $5,000 to the Happy Valley-Goose Bay Peacock Primary School to assist in the building of a new playground for students.
Astaldi Canada donates $5,000 to Happy Valley-Goose Bay Food Bank to help families during the Christmas season.
In celebration of Canadian Environment Week, Astaldi Canada partnered with the Happy Valley-Goose Bay SPCA to hold a recycling blitz. The company removed its many accumulated recyclables from the Muskrat Falls site and is donating all proceeds to the SPCA.
Astaldi Canada remains a strong partner of the Labrador North Chamber of Commerce and its annual Expo Labrador Conference and Trade Exhibition. Astaldi Canada was a silver-level sponsor of the 2015 event and is looking forward to returning in 2016! (L-R: Julianne Griffin, Stephanie Harvey, Michael Evoy.)
Astaldi Canada is a proud supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society’s Labrador Air Travel Assistance Program (LATAP); 100% of all program proceeds raised go directly to Labrador patients traveling outside of the region for treatment. In June 2015, Astaldi Canada committed to donating $10,000 to the program. (L-R: Al Pelley, vice president of philanthropy for the Canadian Cancer Society, Astaldi Canada’s Matthew Pike, and Labrador MP and Founder of the LATAP Yvonne Jones.)
Astaldi Canada has made it a tradition to participate in CBC Turkey Drive. All proceeds from the event are donated to the Happy Valley-Goose Bay Food Bank. Matthew Pike, External Relations Manager at Astaldi Canada, and Gilbert Bennett, Vice President at Nalcor Energy, are seen donating turkeys for those in need during the Holidays.
Astaldi Canada partnered alongside Provincial Airlines and Labrador Motors to help raise $60,000 for the Air Daffodil program. Air Daffodil is a program created by the Canadian Cancer Society to offer financial assistance to cancer patients in Labrador who have to travel by air for medical treatment.
Other important community initiatives we support include:
- The Salvation Army
- Mealy Mountain Collegiate Safe Prom Committee
- Natuashish and Sheshatshiu High School Graduation Classes
- North West River Beach Festival
- Labrador Canoe Regatta
- Great Labrador Canoe Race